1. Login to your Donaide account
Don't have one? Create one.
2. Click "Create New"
Once you're logged in, in the lefthand navigation, click the big pink button that says "Create New"
Then click "New Volunteer Opportunity"
3. Add your general volunteer information
First, be sure to add a title, a well-cropped cover image, engaging content, and gallery images/videos
You can also add sponsors to your volunteer opportunity. You can add their logo and website by clicking "+ Add Sponsor"
Clicks on their logo in your volunteer opportunity will also be trackable -- your sponsors will LOVE this!
4. Add your volunteer roles (opportunities)
Scroll down and first *optionally* add the location, team leader name & email, and the volunteer application link.
Next click the purple "Add Volunteer Opportunity" button
First, choose the frequency of the opportunity.
"One time - do not repeat" = this is an opportunity that just happens once. One day, one time. Think of event volunteering.
"Ongoing" = is purely open and the frequency can be determined by more communication. Think of your board member opportunities and committees.
"Repeat at a specified frequency" = opportunities that are repeated every month, week, day, etc. during the same times. Think of weekly dog walking for the humane society, food delivery for homeless shelters, monthly yard work, etc.
Next, choose your start date and optional end date.
Then click the green "Add Time Slot & Roles" button.
Here, you start with a time slot, like 8:00am - 9:00am. You can also choose to make it "Always available at any time" which makes the opportunity completely open. Again, think about this option for your board opportunities and committees.
Once you add your start and end times, you can now add the volunteer role(s) for that time slot.
- Add a name for the role (think "Greeter") in the "Role" box.
- Indicate if additional training is required.
- Specify how many volunteers are needed for this role. You can also choose if this is "per recurrence" (if you need 2 people for this role every Saturday it occurs), or "total" (if you need 2 people for this role total over the course of multiple Saturdays).
- Tag interests/activities associated with this opportunity. If it's a family friendly opportunity, tag "Family Friendly". This helps you get matched with people who have indicated they have the same or similar interests in the role.
- Add a description of the role to help the volunteer understand what they will be doing.
You can continue to add roles under the same time slot. Once finished, click "save"
5. Manage your roles
Once you are done adding your roles, make sure to click "Save Volunteer Opportunity"
From here, you can edit your existing roles or add new ones at any time.
6. Add a survey to your volunteer opportunity
Enable a survey to be sent after the volunteer opportunity is complete. *You must have at least a Do Most subscription to utilize the survey function. To upgrade your account, follow these instructions.
Turn on the survey function by going to the "Engagement Survey" tab and toggle the "Send Survey: On" button.
You can then select a survey to be sent. The surveys that show here are the ones that are pre-created in your dashboard. Learn how to create a survey here.
7. Add a Milestone to your volunteer opportunity
Milestones can be any achievement, hurdle, goal met, etc. made throughout the campaign. Did the house your building get a roof? Celebrate it. Were you able to buy supplies for your new classroom? Talk about it.
To add a milestone, follow these instructions.
8. Add a Story to your volunteer opportunity
Stories are any updates or testimonials you have that happen throughout your campaign. If you have a person you serve that you want to highlight, add their story here. If you received a large surprise gift, celebrate with your supporters here.
To add a story, follow these instructions.
9. Publish your volunteer opportunity
Once you are ready to publish your opportunity, hit the teal "Publish" button in the top right corner.
If you're not ready to publish yet, you can also save as a draft by clicking "Save as Draft" in the upper right corner.
10. Check out your volunteer opportunity!
You can preview your volunteer opportunity at any time by clicking "preview" in the upper right.
To check out how to see manage your volunteers, see who signed up, and message different roles, go to this help article.